bruebirder on Bill plates – a marking… David Rodrigues on Bill plates – a marking… Arctic Hare on Arctic Hare bruebirder on The bird feast goes on at the… africanbirding on The bird feast goes on at the…
- February 2014
- October 2013
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
Bungalow to let
£499 per month
includes council tax, TV licence & Wi-Fi
Want to wake up to sea views and watch the surf break in Brue on the Isle of Lewis? This could be for you.
- Furnished three bedroom bungalow with full Everest double glazing for rent.
- Large kitchen/dining with double oven Rangemaster stove.
- Large double en suite bedroom with luxurious walk in shower
- Separate bathroom with bath
- TV with Freeview, wifi throughout house
- Washing machine, fridge and two freezers
- Oil central heating and open fire
- Front and back garden, vegetable patch if you fancy!
- Shed for storage
- 20 minutes drive from Stornoway town centre – 13 miles
- On bus route for school (Westside Primary) and Stornoway
- Inclusive of council tax, TV licence & Wi-Fi – worth £150 per month
Basking Shark, Otters, Eagles and a even Snowy Owl seen from house and overlooking the machair!
Two references required.
No DSS. Pets by arrangement.
Tel: 07884 557686
We drove out of town to the allotted stake out and walked just 50m from the road before being confronted by a lichen covered nestbox. The noise of our approach had brought an adult to the entrance, and it soon popped (and pooped!) out onto a nearby stump.
The only problem was it was too close to focus on. A few steps back and I nailed it. Meantime I was surrounded by a swarm of Mosquitos who enjoyed their Celtic buffet while I snapped. Pain and blood were accepted for such an awesome lifer.
Now where are the anti-hystemines?
My partner in crime tells the tale of our Texas jolly with a bunch of stunning images. Clever girl ;-)
Look down the right hand side at recent posts and find out the birding action from Bruce peninsula bird observatory, where I have been staying for the past couple of weeks.